Thursday, July 31, 2008

Liven up Your Conversations With Dead Languages!

Here are some snappy Latin phrases you can use to annoy your bartender or confuse your cat:

Advocatus Dioboli- The Devil's Advocate

Alterum ictum faciam- I'm going to take a mulligan.

Amicule, deliciae, num is num qui mantiar tibi? Baby, Sweetheart, would I lie to you?

Ascendo tuum- Up yours

Bovina sancta! -Holy cow!

Catapultum habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam- I have a catapult. Give me all your money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Certamen bikini-suicidus-disci mox coepit?- Does the bikini-suicide-frisbee match start soon?

Certe, Toto, sentio nos in kansate non iam adesse-You know Toto, I have a feeling We're not in Kansas anymore.

Cogito sumere potum alterum- I think I'll have another drink.

Conlige suspectos semper habitos- Round up the usual suspects

Credo elvem etiam- I believe Elvis lives

Fact ut nemo me vocet- Hold my calls

Furnulum pani nolo- I don't want a toaster

Machina improba! Vel mihi ede potum vel mihi redde nummos mios!- You infernal machine! Give me a beverage or give me my money back!

Me tansmitte sursum, Caledoni! - Beam me up Scotti!

Suntne vacci laeti? Are your cows happy?

Well, I hope you enjoy your new language skills responsibly. Always have a few cocktails before trying these out.

No comments: